Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 27: How I envision my life to be.

I guess you could say I am a bit past this. If you had asked me this when I was a young adult, no way would I have thought I could be where I am today. I under gauged it by quite a bit. My intention at 17 was to make a semi career out of the military, particularly the NAVY. While I did go, that path didn't quite turn out, which in hindsight I am glad for. 

When I was little I didn't want kids. That opinion did change when I met my husband in high school, but still I had no intention to have a large amount. Just for some reason with each one, I never felt "done". Again, I am glad for this.

I never envisioned myself to be a therapist. Heck I took a class in counseling before I even considered that major. I was majoring in Criminal Justice at the time and wanted to eventually be a profiler. It was not my calling, although I find I still have a hobby of analyzing criminals and their behaviors. 

I never envisioned myself ever going to grad school. I don't think that even came as a though until I was a Senior in my undergrad. 

I knew I wanted out of Oklahoma, that I did know. Where, I didn't really care. I am glad we ended up where we are in NWA. 
 
All in all, I am very pleased with where I am in my life. As far as further down the road, who knows. I envision being a grandparent one day. Continuing to help others in some way, including counseling. I would love to do some mission work with my kids when they are older. I definitely want to travel with my husband when they kids are older and grown. Maybe one of these days we will get another dog too. I know, I know, big plans there. 


post signature

No comments: