Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 22: One thing I haven't done that most people have.

I have never smoked or done any type of drugs. Pretty cut and dry there. I have never been even remotely curious about smoking. It has always been disgusting to me. My mom and grandma smoked. My grandpa apparently did years before he died but quit. He still got emphysema and ended up dying from it. My grandma also had it but died from other things before it ended her life. But she had so many health problems because of it. My mom has quit off and on. I wish she would kick it permanently. I understand it's a hard habit to break. One reason I don't understand why anyone would even try it. It doesn't look cool. When I was a teen and saw any of my friends do it I was quick to tell them that they looked stupid. I refused to date anyone who smoked. I don't regret my judgment towards it. I still feel the same way.

For those who have this addiction you have my sympathy. There is help out there though and I will end the post with a great site to get started. It's one of the best decisions you will make. 
http://smokefree.gov

post signature

No comments: