And hopefully it will be the last for the year. At least the snow came on the weekend after our family was home. Steven did have to leave work early when it started, but got home in time to avoid bad roads. The kids were out of school yesterday already. It's just now starting to die down. It's pretty but I prefer not to have it.
It's a catch up post. Last month I made over 30 posts and this month I am taking a breather.
Let me start by saying that teens are one of my favorite populations to work with. That being said it's a whole different ball game when it's your teen that starts the testing. Gage has been pretty well mannered most of his life. This month he has definitely been your typical angsty teen. It started when Steven and I noticed he was spending way too much time on a certain art site. Then one of his grades started to go down. He basically stopped turning anything in that class. After several groundings, testing limits, setting boundaries, and lots and lots of homework catch up, he is finally seeming to be back to his normal self. There for a couple of weeks I wondered if I was going to make it. Honestly I can handle a 3 year old tantrum way better than I can handle a 14 year old one. But the mentality behind it is very similar. And there is science to back that up. Lots of synaptic pruning going on. Basically their brain is reforming a lot of new stuff. That plus hormonal shifts makes a perfect storm for moody teen fit throwing.
Onto Valentines day. I love when they are on the weekend. Steven and I went and ate lunch at Red Lobster with Ridlee. Later the older 3 had a Valentine's party at the church with a local children's group home that our church helps sponsor. I even got a nap today. Great considering I had been waiting all week to sleep in and I didn't really get to. I got the younger 4 some beanie boo's and Gage some new jeans. They all got a big box of chocolates to share. It was gone in no time. Steven got a new coffee machine and I got a pretty pink tulle skirt. We are so not typical. We did exchange cards.
Finishing up in February, but at least I am finishing up.
Depending on the day, it can be quite different.
* Wake up around 6:00.
* 6:45-6:50 leave house to take Gage, Kieran, Ridlee, and Heston to Bentonville (we live in Tontitown) to Gage and Kieran's schools. This is their dad's teaching district, which is why they go there.
* 7:15-7:20 Drop Kieran off.
* 7:30-7:35 drop Gage off.
* 7:50-8:00 Get home
* No specific time frame, but I get dressed and ready, hopefully younger two are still sleeping, sometimes they are not. Feed them breakfast. Play around. Get work paperwork and phone calls done when I can. Give naps. Clean. Send reminders to clients for next day. Other misc. stuff.
* 4:00 older kids and Steven get home. Although this depends on the week. This week is CAP conferences for Steven so I have to go get older three and be the lone parent until 8 p.m. Kids do any homework they have. Play around, relax.
* 5-6 somewhere in there do the dinner thing.
* 6:30-7:30 workout
* 7:35- 7:45 Kids start bedtime routines. It takes awhile for 5 of them.
* 8:30-9 older three are getting in bed.
* 9-10:30 fight with younger two to go to bed. I take Heston to bed, Steven fights him to stay in there. Ridlee didn't go to sleep until after midnight last night. I am tired today.
Tues. - Friday
Same morning routine until 8:00.
* 8:00-8:30 Pump Ridlee's milk for babysitter, get dressed, feed breakfast
* 8-9 Prepare everything for babysitter. Lunches, etc.
* 9:00-9:15 play with kids before babysitter arrives
* 9:15 she arrives and I head out.
* 9:25 get coffee
* 9:45 get to office and prepare for the day,
* 10-1 meet with clients. (Tues and Thu) 10-2 (Wed and Fri)
* head home. Do the part time SAHM thing until 4:00 when Steven and older kids get home.
* Tuesday I have clients 5-7 or 6-8. Kieran has gymnastics at 6:30. Gage has a group thing at 5:45.
* Wednesday the older three have church at 6:15-7:45.
* Thu I have clients 5-7. This week Steven also has CAP on that night so I have to go get older three again from school and be lone parent until 8:00.
* Same nightly routine. I workout on Wednesday and Fridays also on most weeks.
Weekends are more laid back, I posted one Saturday on here earlier in the month in January.
It's not the ending we had hoped for, but Callie is with the Lord. She was found in her vehicle under a bridge near Buffalo Valley. She was wearing her seat belt. Callie was a bright young woman and she loved God with all her heart. This is a wake up that at anytime we can be called home at any time.
We need to continue to pray for her family. They are also a Christian family but they will miss her terribly.