Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 9: My favorite thing to do right now

This seems like a very vague statement, but I will go with it. 

SLEEP! Gosh it amazes me how much in our life we take this magical gift for granted. Even when I was younger I took many naps. This was my kryptonite in the NAVY and what did me in. My body rejected not getting sleep and fell into seizures after not getting sleep for 48 hours. I mean like 7-8 seizures in a week. It was bad. That was over 16 years ago and I still have to make sure I get enough or my body feels awful. This is one reason I co-sleep. My babies wake up a lot so it is just easier to have them in bed with me and nurse them back to sleep. With this they don't even get fully awake. Still sleep is a gift that during the week if I get 30 minutes of a nap it is a huge blessing. I love that my husband is an early riser and on Saturdays will let me sleep in and take Ridlee for a couple more hours of sleep alone. I would be in a world of hurt if he was like me. My dad was the same way though. Always a early riser. My mom is like me and likes to sleep in, so I come by it honest. 


post signature

No comments: