Thursday, January 08, 2015

Day 7: Siblings

Well, let's see... I have a brother, Gary (technically half brother, but my dad adopted him, never saw him as half), who is 4.5 years older than I. Growing up he was very mean to me. To the point that now I don't allow my children to treat each other even a sample of what he did to me. I guess he made me tougher though, not intentionally. He went to the NAVY for 8 years. I grew closer when I was a teen and went and stayed with him for 2 weeks in Virginia Beach when I was 16. By that time I could take him (he's not very big). He tried to wrestle me in front of his friends and that was the last time he tried. Needless to say I won. He let alcohol creep up on him over the years and it has caused a great deal of issues. We are also not as close anymore because of it. I don't talk about it much, but it's one of the main reasons I can't stand alcohol. He is supposedly doing better now after going to treatment. I pray for him all the time. 

My sister, Kelsey, is 8+ years younger than I. We had to share a room growing up which sucked. I finally got my own room after my brother moved out. She was the typical annoying little sister. When I graduated and moved out our relationship changed and I have watched her grow into an amazing woman. We are real close now and those 8 years difference doesn't seem that large. We are alike in a lot of ways. With one big exception... she doesn't want children, which is fine by me. Although she is a great aunt and is my kids Godparent. She also married at 18 and even wore my wedding dress. She and her husband live in Atoka, OK. She works for the OSU Extension Cooperative teaching educational groups and such. Sounds like a fun job actually. She has several cats and recently sent me a video of her petting a skunk that comes around that she feeds. Yeah, that conversation was educational. She was Salutatorian of her class but apparently lacks some sense. 



With my mom and grandparents.


My sisters wedding.


My brother on Christmas


My sister at Christmas with the littles


post signature

No comments: