Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Done something to my back!


I am too young for this crap. It started to hurt last night but when I woke up this morning I couldn't even get out of bed without Steven's help. He had to help me get in the bath tub and get undressed (poor guy). I have taken ibuprofen and tylenol and a half of a valium, and it is barely taking the edge off. I refuse to take anything stronger, they usually don't take the pain away anyways just make me feel funny. I feel old and decrepet. I can barely move, even twisting my neck hurts. I go back to work tomorrow, which sucks anyways, but I am praying it is gone by then. I am not one to call in unless I am dying. Especially this job you just can't, too much to do, you have to call like 10 people to cancel appointments and crap. It sucks and I am already super behind because of taking a vacation. Well so much for TTC this month. I think my body needs some time to recuperate anyways. I really need a different job, this one is dragging me into the ground. It's taking all the joy in life away. People, you want to know why casewrokers are so bitter and get burnt out, it's because it's one of the most stressful jobs in the whole world. I mean what other jobs are there where you see the horrors of the world done to our children, have to be on the stand in court and get reamed weekly, meet the deadlines of reports and case plans and other mandatory crap, make over 40 visits a month, try and deal with people and kids going crazy, and still maintain some time for your family. Honestly we are doing the jobs of five different people. It's ridiculous to think we can do this and make a difference. I mean come on, are we really doing any good? I ask myself everyday. And honestly I don't think so. We are being unfair to these children as well as ourselves. The good thing about it is we do take these children out of homes that do hurt them, but the system hurts them too, in various ways. Therapy for many years is the only true hope for these children. And on that note I must stop, before I go overboard. Plus my back is killing sitting here.

No comments: