Saturday, December 24, 2005

Back Home!

Gosh I am getting more and more to where I don't like to go back home. Don't get me wrong I love getting to see my family, at least most of them, but it's just not the same as it used to be. Christmas has become nothing more than a "HAVE TO" it has taken all of the joy of what it is supposed to be about. It's wearing on me. I am glad we decided this year to spend Christmas day here at the house with just us. I think a lot of my problem is I am getting to where I don't like crowds at all even if they are people I know. We came back with so much stuff I have no idea what all we got, it's overwhelming to just think about opening all of it and clean it up. Is this what Christmas is...nothing more than a hassle? I think Jesus would be saddened. Not to say that it is all like that. The good in Christmas is that is brings the good out in people. People will pitch in to help those in need, which is good, sadly it's the only day to do that each year, and the rest of the time is filled with our own problems.

I know, I sound like Scrooge. Truth is I love Christmas, it is just too commercial and fake and it causes me more stress every year. Anyways, the hard part is over for me. I will make my lasagne and cookies tonight and we will get up do the presents thing and then go to church. Come home eat and spend time with each other and that is all I want to do. To think New Years is only a week away. As Charlie Brown so nicely put it... "Oh Good Grief!"

No comments: