Saturday, December 01, 2007

For those who are big on Fiber

I came across an article a couple of weeks ago about this pasta you may have heard about. It has 18-20g of fiber per serving and only 130 calories. I have been trying to get my family to eat more fiber due to the many health benefits mainly the reduction of colon cancer. So I am one that adds that fiber stuff to everything. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered the pasta from www.fibergourmet.com. You basically have to order in bulk but I got 10 bags for $20 plus shipping, not too bad. We got it yesterday and I went ahead and cooked half a bag (2 servings) tonight for myself with some veggies and chicken broth. The whole pot of it with veggies and everything was only 370 calories. The pasta tasted just like normal pasta and I couln't finish it all, which is odd for me. So I was very impressed and I will definately be eating this pasta from now on.

I also wanted to add that Weight Watchers is a big advocate of this pasta, if that makes any difference to anyone.

Gosh I sound like a infomercial... I promise this is me. lol

1 comment:

Amie said...

Sounds like it tastes better than the whole grain pasta I've tried!