Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Don't laugh

K, well I debated on whether or not to blog this as it tops my embarassing moments in the life of me. As you can see I need to spread my embarassment in order to balance out whatever anger or resentment my voodoo doll holder has against me.

So me and the fam decide to go bowling tonight. First time we have gone as a family ever. We have been playing with presents and card games and what not and decide a change of venue would be nice.

So we get there and get our shoes and what not, and the first 10 minutes includes me chasing Ryker up and down the area of pool tables and arcade games, waiting on the others to get ready. I have enough and ask Steven to get the stroller from the car as Ryker was literally fighting me everytime I try to corral him. Wasn't planning on doing that longer than I had to. So I get him buckled in and Gage is first at bat... or bowl... or whatever. Steven makes the mistake of just saying, just throw it!!! And what does Gage do but throws it... in a lane not ours or anyones. I yell, "NO" and chase the ball assuming that since it is closed down that the ball won't come back. I wasn't thinking, no time really. So I chase it and as soon as I cross that line on the lane I slipped. No this wasn't just one of those skating slides. No, this was a running, full throttle feet slip out from under you and you fly until you hit the damn floor! HARD... 4 drunk guys behind Steven were heard saying, "OMG, she busted her ass!" followed by unequivical laughter. Had it been someone else I would have snickered myself. However, being me I was not amused but instead throbbing in pain and silently cursing the place as to how freaking slick they had made the dang lanes. Assholes. Anyways, my wrist swelled up into a bright blue bulge as it bruised right on my main vein, and I am pretty sure it is sprained. It hurt like a mother, and still does, but with the help of Aleve has eased. Sadly, it is worse than any injury I have had derby related. And I can't even say I did it bowling, because I hadn't even started yet. Luckily I am young and used to falls here and there. So I will live. Not sure about my ego though.

The rest of the night was amusing watching me bowl with 6 and 8 pound balls. And it wasn't even my right wrist, luckily.

I see you laughing!!

2 comments:

Amie said...

Okay...I laughed a little ;)

Jeska said...

Yeah, I figured you might.