Monday, December 17, 2007

The new Total Recall... my version

I love my life! Don't get me wrong it's amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything. However, wouldn't it be nice if there was such a thing where you could take a vacation from it... in virtual reality of course (not vegas style). My version of Total Recall however, is a complete metamorphoses. You would completely change who you are, even change sexes if you prefer(not for me though). Now there would be no, living as someone real, like a celebrity... honestly I think that would be annoying and is in no way my idea of a vacation. One would be able to choose their own physical features and where and what they would want to do. My idea for me would not be a trip to Mars (such as in the movie), I would choose to go to Ireland.

In a nice cottage setting, with simple rooms, running water and basic utilities. Warmth at night would be created by a nice fire in an old rock fireplace. During the day I would take walks and view the country in it's beautiful splendor. I would of course be a nice auburn creature, with simple dainty features. Nothing extreme or dramatic. Everything average... height, weight, whatever! I would read books at night in my rocking chair by the fire, cook my own dinner using whatever is on the land, vegetables in the small garden nearbye, and if I am desperate for meat maybe hunt me a rabbit. Occasional nights I would go into the nearbye tavern and greet the locals and even drink a nice good Irish beer. The point would be the simplest things and quiet nature would be my perfect vacation. 2 weeks would be all I need, of course with this futuristic type reality the whole process would take minutes in the real world, leaving me with a lifetime of memories.

Well luckily for myself and my childlike imagination that I am blessed with, I was able to take such a vacation last night before I fell asleep. I had the best sleep I have had in a long time. It was nice. I do this occasionally. Of course always different settings and people, however this is my ultimate favorite as it speaks of my simplest perfections. But it's not a lifestyle I wish for as I would miss too many things. Just a nice escape.

No comments: