Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My Big project!

Some of you know I have been busy with a project for one of our leagues bouts coming in March I believe. In Tulsa actually. The charity that took part in this with us as well as the Green Country Rollergirls was Breast Impressions. Several from each league took part in this event by having our "ninnies" (love that term) casted. Then an artist would decorate it and they would each be auctioned off at the bout itself, to raise money for another breast cancer charity. Well, because I am a nerd and love art I wanted to do mine myself. Plus I had a vision for something asian when I saw the cast after it was done. It just hit me. I had all kinds of plans. Ironically though I didn't realize that the cast would turn out better than I thought, therefore nixing some of my plans. I was going for the asian corset theme, one similar looking to asian fabric (which is what inspired me). I also thought about adding lace around the top and bottom, well by the time I got that point Steven told me not to do that because it looked fine as it is. I started contemplating, and I have to agree, no reason to risk messing up a good thing. So I tried to take pics of the process, to give me some memories just in case by chance I do not win my boobs back. Yes, you heard me, I am bidding on my own boobs. I really want my hard work, lol. I also loved doing this so much that I am definately doing one the next time I am pregnant of my belly. Of course that one will take forever I am sure. Over all this particular cast, not counting the drying times (which were days and days), includes approximately 15 hours of work on myself. I of course did not cast myself, the founder of Breast Impressions drove up here and casted all of our lovely ladies. It was a blast. Even our captain Jay took part! So anyways without further waiting, here is a little slideshow of my casting from start to finish.


2 comments:

Amie said...

Wow! Very interesting project ;D You did a great job!

Melissa said...

Great Job! You are very talented!