Saturday, November 10, 2007

Well, hush my mouth

Ok, so I am skeptical person. Very! It's hard not to be when you deal with psychotics and schizo's. So as some people know, I design signatures at a website with other ladies. Most of these signatures are women wanting something of their children that they can use at the end of a post on a bulletin board or parenting board. Well the other day one of our designers got a request with this in it...

i know you are away for awhile, but wanted to be put on the waiting list, i hope this is ok, i know it may be awhile, please let me know when you can, i hope you and your family are well..

i really want you to have creative freedom...i go by the name lynnxoxo, id love to have the "xoxo" in it....my oldest dd is ATIANA and my son is LANDON , my youngest daughter is ALABAMA...( i put in 2 of her and you can pick) i hope im writing this in the right spot! all the best

lynnxoxo

(Pics taken out by me)


Now some may not recognize the names, and I wouldn't at first either. But those names and the pics of the children were that of Shanna Moaklers and Travis Barker.

Ok, so I didn't believe it was her. Honestly we deal with fakes all the time. Mostly people claiming to have children who don't and steal pics of other children off the net. We don't look too highly on that. To me it's worse than identity theft because you are stealing someones children claiming they are your own. So anyways, I went against the grain of most of the women thinking she was real (I thought she was fake). So to proove my point I messaged Shanna through her MySpace page asking her this...

Hey there, I am designer at VIP signatures and we have someone requesting a sig with your children in it. We frown on identity theft and when children are involved it makes us pretty angry. If it is indeed you a siggy will be made, but we wanted to make sure it is you requesting before the order is filled.

here is the link to your request
link removed for privacy

Thanks so much,


I didn't think I would get a response because well she is pretty much famous and probably gets messages all day and night from crazies. Well, she did respond and this is what she had to say...

yes it is me! i go by (taken out)...on the (taken out), i just wanted it for me....i wasnt sure if i would use it as i figured people would reconize my kids! i love the (taken out) and it sucks i have to kind of hide who i am, but i thank you so much for writing me! i love all the siggys!
shannaxoox
aka
(taken out)


Sorry I replaced the sites names for her privacy. I have to say I am impressed with how down to earth she seems. She could get a professional graphic anytime, but instead chooses us self taught ladies. I also like that she tries to blend in with us normal mothers on a common parenting board (also one I frequent) and doesn't try to impress people with who she is. I don't know if I really had an opinion of her before but I do now, and it's one of respect. If this gets back to Shanna, I just want to say thank you for choosing us once again.

No comments: