Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Making the most of your closet space

One of the things I loved about moving into this new house was that it had a 4th bedroom which we converted into a Family room/office/toy room/fitness room/guest room/Ryker's room. we use it for everything. It almost makes me wonder how we got along without it before. Well one of the awesome things about it (as well as the rest of the house) is that it has 2 huge closets. One already has my exercise stuff and a bunch of toys, the other we converted into a sewing room yesterday. That's right a sewing room, lol. My mother in law got me a sewing machine for Christmas and Steven got me a desk, which he put together yesterday. Ironically it fits perfect in the closet. So I tried out my sewing machine last night. Being that it has been since high school since I worked one I was a little more than rusty. I had to relearn how to thread it and everything. But I soon caught on again. I practiced by finishing up a matching pillow to the one I hand sewn when we first moved here. What took 2 hours by hand only took about 15 minutes with the machine. Gosh, I waisted so much time there. Well I wasn't ready to finish so I found some extra fabric I had laying around and made a poncho for Kieran. I hope to get good enough to start making my own shirts and stuff. I always have trouble buying shirts that fit me. My boobs are big but when I buy large everything else is huge, plus I have pretty broad shoulders which makes certain tops not look good on me. I kinda got the bug after watching Project Runway. Well anyways here are some pics of my new "office" and my first project and model.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: