Friday, January 19, 2007

Garsh!

Well today is my parents 27th Anniversay, and they are having to celebrate it in McAlester, Ok, where there is no power...and now more is coming this weekend. Well at least it will be one to remember. It's hard to think the last time we had such a storm like this was back in Dec. of 2000. I remember that clearly because that is when Gage was 3 months old, which ironically is the same age as Ryker when this storm hit. Maybe I shouldn't have any more boys, lol.
More bad news on the front, my granny Helen fell for the second time in the last 2 weeks the night before last and broke her arm. The first time she broke a rib. She has been having a real hard time this past year, as she has been having lots of mini strokes. Steven's granny Kitch has been dealing with them as well for the past few years and it has started taking it's affect on her as well. Steven's grandpa Russell was also diagnosed with bladder cancer a couple of weeks ago and was supposed to have surgery this past Wednesday but due to being down in Southeast Oklahoma it had to be postponed because the hospital is only dealing with emergency surgeries right now.
With all this family illness/issues plus the added stress of starting my practicum I have developed a case of anxiety. Luckily it is better today. The past few days though I have felt like I have had a super dose of caffiene. Ryker not sleeping at night is not helping that any. Nonetheless I am staying positive. I went and ate lunch with Steven and Ryker today to get out of the house. It helped that the sun was out. Starting in a week or two I will be adding to my practicum hours by working at Vista on Saturdays. Not sure yet if I will be doing groups of individual or both. Another stress, but in a good way, the more hours I get the less I have to do later.
Well, on another positive note, Ryker is 4 months old today, growing more and more each day. Time of course is flying by, which I knew it would. I have been looking at all our pictures over the past few days and i can't over how fast the kids have grown. Seems Kieran was a baby just yesterday. ((Sigh))
Guess I will quit babbling and go get something sweet to snack on.

No comments: