Saturday, August 23, 2008

Birthday take 28!

Another year has come and gone already. Seems twice as fast as each preceding years. I don't dread getting older. Other than seeing my grandchildren there is nothing left in my life that I feel I "need" to do. So everything else is just icing on the cake from here on out. Of coarse I always wonder where my life will bring me when I am 35 or 40 and so on. The curse of bad birthdays must have finally left me or at least given me a break. Although this morning I was beginning to wonder if it was on it's way to becoming another cursed one. Ryker has a severely red bottom and could not sleep well last night at all. Of coarse, Steven was once again out of town working with his Dad. So the lack of sleep didn't make for a perfect bday. Steven made it back into town in time to go to our couple's class dinner, with birthday flowers in tow. What I thought was a cookout ended up being a very nice homemade Northern New Mexico dinner made by a very talented man in our church. And his wife says he cooks like that all the time. It was followed by a nice Dairy Queen frozen cake especially for muah. It was nice as childcare was taken care of so it was just adults for the evening which is a change for myself. Now that we are home I am debating on going to see a good horror movie by myself. I have like 5 minutes to decide. So anyways here are some pics from today while at home.

lounging most of the day.

Photobucket

My flowers...

Photobucket

Kiddos eating the rest of my cake

Photobucket

28 today pic

Photobucket

No comments: