Monday, December 26, 2022

Day after Christmas

 Christmas weekend was good but it was overwhelming. We don't travel or go to places and yet it's still a lot with our tribe. 5 kiddos ages 9-22 and one of their spouses. We played lots of Jackbox games and then the kids played a very long and loud monopoly. My youngest and I were definitely dysregulated. She had a hard time settling down for bed and was very weepy. 

I told my husband last night not to expect anything from me today. I can't have any demands. I just need to be. When I did get up at just before 11, I did have some minor work texts. I'm still sitting here for over an hour under my new blankets. No one has interrupted me. It's nice. 

Christmas is hard on a lot of autistics. Sadly, it doesn't get easier as you age. I'm finding it harder and harder every year. Granted that's what happens when you have lots of kids that age and continue to grow the family bigger. Next year we will have a grandson to add to the mix. 

And next weekend is New Year's. And the anxiety of all the new year "have to's" are already overwhelming me. I don't make resolutions. I do words. 2022 was rest. But I didn't get much because of things outside of my control. 2023 needs to just "be". 

My current view until my stomach makes me get up.



No comments: