Sunday, December 11, 2022

Another big step and getting over Covid

 I had two presentations in October where I presented on Culturally Responsive Neurodiversity-Affirming Therapy. One was at the ArCA state conference and the other was a few days later at the NWArMHCA meeting. These were presentations I had spent months preparing for. I felt they went well and I covered a lot of good info. Afterward, I was finally able to spend some time finishing up a Ph.D. application for the University of Central Arkansas in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion. This program is a tough one to get into and they only take about 33% of applicants, so I may not get in, but I felt I needed to at least apply. I hope to do more research on Neurodiversity in Business, etc. 

Not long after I applied I ended up getting sick with Covid for the first time since the pandemic started. I got it from Ridlee who got it from Carson and Kieran. We thought they had a cold until several days into mine and I tested positive. While it wasn't a short stent, I and Steven got a relatively mild case. Mine lasted nearly 2 weeks but the whole time was like a cold that just lingered and wouldn't go away. I was still able to see clients and work, thankful for telehealth. I am just now feeling normal again and got to take a 3-mile walk for the first time in two weeks. I need to start getting back into things now. With Christmas right around the corner, I am needing some relaxation and peace. I didn't really even get any of that while sick. Also, there is some family-of-origin issues going on with my family that are relatively stressful and I am worried about my mom and dad's health. 

It's hard to believe in around 3 months I will be a grandma. But with 2023 right around the corner, there is a lot to be thankful for but also ambivalent because of all the changes. 

This is our black Christmas tree this year. We lent our white one to Kieran and Carson and gave Gage our smaller one for his apartment. 



No comments: