Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall peace...

Well this week was my first full week on my new job. I am definitely enjoying the perks of it, there are of course some down sides. While I cannot go into specifics, let me just say due to some emergency issues at one home, I was there for a total of 4 hours one day.

I am starting to adjust and get into the groove of everything and almost have a system of organization going. If you know me at all, you know when it comes to work or other outside home endeavors I am extremely organized. In the home well I am surrounded by a husband and 3 children who are not. It's a losing battle day in and day out trying to keep organization in the home. I have however put my foot down on my "home office". I told Steven it is just like when I was at work and everything is where I need it and meticulous. Needless to say he uses the other computer for his needs.

I am currently working with 4 families which is the maximum I am allowed to have. I have it to where I see them Mon-Thu and leave Friday to work from home doing paperwork and phone calls. I may end up going down a family after awhile. But for right now, it's not too much. The initial intake's are very tedious with the paperwork, but I am finding that once those are over it's not that bad. One big plus is I was able to pick Gage and Kieran up from school everyday this week. Granted I drove all over God's green earth going to homes, then to Ryker's prek in Farmington, and then picking them up in Bentonville. We will soon be investing in a good car for me so it won't be so bad.

Today has been a lazy day. Steven is again in Oklahoma helping his Dad out. The kids and I just have been hanging out. Last night we made it a night of movie rentals. Due to the rain I haven't felt much like doing anything. I was kind of hoping to take them to the Ft. Smith lake this weekend if it was sunny to look at the trees. Hopefully we can do that next week before they are no longer pretty.

Been thinking a lot of next year. I am going to name the year, the year of peace. My goal is to try and reduce the stress in my life. Including the busy stuff I no longer need. The job switch was the number one switch. Others include some committees I will let go of. I am also considering letting go of the non-profit. Either by allowing some one else to take it over OR just letting it go back to the non-profit without 501(c)3 status. It's not really done much for benefiting since I am not doing grants. The yearly paperwork is annoying and with me fixing to have to do my taxes for my job this will just add to stress if I don't let this go. Regardless the website will stay and still be a resource. I still haven't made the decision yet, just thinking out loud.

Either way, I will be working to reduce stress in the next year. God will decide for me what needs to go and what needs to stay.

No comments: