Saturday, October 07, 2023

Alive and Anxious

 Story time #1 of my conference week.

We finally get to our destination hotel in Denver and get room keys to check in on the 4th floor only to be met with our room keys not working and someone answering the door. Feeling utterly embarrassed I apologize and go back down to the front desk.

After relaying to them my dilemma they looked at me confused and called up there and apparently got the name of the person staying in the room. Further inspection on their end determined the individual checked in a week early and that someone other than themselves let him do so.

Complications arose when they had no other Suites available and this was a requested suite for work-related confidentiality issues. 

A further complication was they had only one room available in the whole hotel but it was not a suite. They comped me $65 a night for four nights and told me they would make the individual move out of the suite the next day. And no, I never went "Karen" on them. I just kind of leaned into my own exhaustion and went with whatever I could do with the situation. It was not their fault and we're laughing about it now.

But now I have a conference to go to all day tomorrow and now my mom has to move out of the room by herself which is probably not going to work. 

Oh, and I did all this wearing this shirt which basically summed me up in a nutshell.



No comments: