Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 A year in review

2014 A year in review

10th annual year in review.

What did you do in 2014 that you've never done before?
Had my 5th child. While I have had babies, I have never had 5. Ha!

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
My only resolution was not to have any, and I kept that. I am going to stick with that one. Same as last year... and the year before... and the year before that... and the year before that... and the year before that. Gosh, I am good, I have kept this every year! Feels good not to fail.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Me... and lots of other friends. Gosh, it seemed at least one of four were having babies. 

Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, I lost a dear friend from church, Connie Threlkeld. She was also a mother of 5. 

What countries did you visit?
Ha, this is becoming a funny sad one. The one year I do make a out of country trip, that's the year that I fear might be because something bad happened. 

What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Play therapy certification. But I am not in a big rush about it. It's not something I have to have. 

What date from 2014 will remain etched in your memory and why?
January 5th, the day Ridlee was born. She was so small, but the birth went so perfect and fast. 



What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Ridlee. Nothing else compares.

What was your biggest failure?
Officially saying goodbye to this question. I debated last year. I just don't like it. I really don't think there were any failures. Maybe set backs, but not failures. 

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, fairly healthy year. Even got the superior rating on my life insurance. 

What was the best thing you bought?
Ridlee... ha! No seriously kids aren't cheap.

Where did most of your money go?
Kids. Decaf coffees and clothes. 

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Ridlee!

What scripture is a theme of 2014?
Oldie but goodie. Jeremiah 29:11. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to hurt you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder? Happier
b. Thinner or fatter? Much Thinner. About 50+ pounds worth. 
c. Richer or poorer? About the same. Fine by me. 

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Always spend more time with my family. Same every year and year before, but I will say, we spent a good amount of time together. I like the balance I have with my work and home and I am very grateful to have it. Reading. See below. 

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Internet and phone. 

How did you spend Christmas?
At home, which is what I prefer. Christmas day here and then the families on both sides came up this past Sunday to celebrate both Christmas and Ridlee's upcoming birthday. 

Did you fall in love in 2014?
Technically before her arrival but it was full force when we saw her. Lil' Miss Ridlee. 

What was your favorite TV show?
Got into a few more this year. Still like Supernatural, but also Once Upon a Time and American Horror Story. 

What was the best book you read?
I don't think I read any really good books. Not many novels. Read a lot of kid books thanks to Heston. Maybe I should add that to my do more of this year... read good books. 

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2014?
No huge developments here sadly. 

What did you want and get?
Ridlee. 

What did you want and not get?
Play therapy certification but patience getting it has made it less pressing. 

What was your favorite film this year?
Only got to go see a couple of movies this year. The last was the last Hunger Games installment. The other was Lucy. It's been a sad year for movie watching. 

What did you do on your birthday?
I believe we got dinner to go and stayed home. Steven did get me a cake. We had also just celebrated our 15th Anniversary! I guess that was another big thing this year. 


What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Does moving to Hawaii away from the cold count? Otherwise I was good. I wish Connie hadn't left us. But God has his plans and I feel guilty for questioning it. 

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Somewhat trendy and cute. I bought more clothes than usual when I lost all the baby weight and more. 

What kept you sane?
Still the same. Alone time, family time, sleep, massages, church, and working out. Same every year. I did start getting more massages now that I have a great massage therapist/friend. I need to get more hair appointments though. 

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I am gaining more respect for Angelina Jolie. 

What political issue stirred you the most?
I try not to get too stirred by much. Doesn't mean there wasn't much going on. 

Who did you miss?
My family and grandpa that I don't get to see much in Oklahoma. And friends there too. 

Who was the best new person you met?
Ridlee! It really wasn't much of a contest this year. 

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
I am working on more self control when I get inpatient. While this goes hand in hand with patience it's how I handle it that can sometimes be frustrating. I am learning to just take a step back and realize when I have no control that there is nothing I can do to give me that control. 

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Going to keep the same from last year and the year before.
Peace Train by Cat Stevens (although someday's it feels more like Crazy Train by Ozzy would be more appropriate)
Now I've been happy lately, thinking about good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun
Oh I've been smiling lately, dreaming about the world as one
And I believe it could be, some day it's going to come
And this year I am adding a new question...
What is something shocking that happened this year?
Can you believe gas is below $2 a gallon? Around her it's as low as $1.86. Never thought I would see that again.
Until next year!
post signature

No comments: