Saturday, August 25, 2012

Awful week...

I'm just hoping it's on its way out. Murphy's Law was kicking my butt all week long.

Sunday (Saturday night)- Heston was sick the night before with cold and slept horribly. Therefore I slept horribly, unable to make it to church (maybe this was the spark?).

Monday (Sunday night)- Another horrible night made even worse. Heston woke me up before 2 a.m. I had Steven take him so I could sleep some, only... I couldn't ever fall back asleep. AT ALL! Stomach started hurting a few hours into it. Thought it was from lack of sleep. Canceled 2 of my 3 sessions that day as I couldn't get a hold of the other. On my way into seeing that client she called to cancel. Realized my stomach isn't hurting due to lack of sleep but from a bug. Went home, tried to sleep, maybe got 2 hours? Stomach was buggin.

Monday night into Tuesday- already told Steven earlier I was going to bed early as I was hurting for sleep. Luckily stomach bug was easing up. 9:30 p.m. I get ready for bed, turn down my covers, and Steven comes in holding Heston with a bad look on his face. Heston's little man parts were extremely swollen, about 3 times the size in a matter of a couple of hours since last diaper change. We both freaked. Decided he needed to go to ER in case it was something bad. Steven just started back to teaching this week and Tuesday would only be day #2, so I agreed to take Heston to Talequah to the Indian Hospital (yes, us white folk happen to be card carrying Native Americans). I leave at 9:45. I get there and there are a few people there, but apparently only one Doctor because we waited forever. It was after 2 a.m. before we got called back. They did blood tests and a very thorough ultrasound on his man parts. I had to hold him all night long. Thank you God for letting me remember my sling, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it. The only time I didn't hold him is when he got his blood drawn and they gave him the ultrasound, oh and the 2 minutes I asked a nurse to hold him so I could pee. Other than the drive to and from I held him the whole time. BTW, we didn't get back until 5:30 a.m. That is almost 8 hours for a ER trip. CRAZY! He was diagnosed having a hydrocele caused from an infection. We were given antibiotics and sent home. So I get home a realize there is no way I can work with the lack of sleep I have had. If you know my history at all you know I went to the NAVY at 18 and got sent home for seizures due to lack of sleep. So yes, severe lack of sleep is a fear for me. Tuesday day - Heston stayed with me all day. I got 3 hours of sleep during the day. Still about 13-15 behind what I need.

Wednesday - Blurry. Heston still slept horribly. I woke up at 4:45 and tried to get Steven to take him. By the time I got him woke up I was too awake to go back to sleep. Anyways, up and at 'em. Several no shows in therapy. Yay.

Thursday - My birthday. Got to sleep until 6 for the first time all week :). I have a cold :(. Had to take Heston to check up. Asked Steven to make it early in morning so I could try to make it through as much as possible before I had to go to work. He took a half day. Well, we waited and I had to leave before we got called back :(. Swelling is going down, no major concerns by Doctor. Still too exhausted to enjoy birthday.

Friday - Another sleeping until 6 but continued cold. Nothing terrible I suppose.

Saturday - finally, my day to sleep in! Wrong, Heston woke up early :(. Exhausted all day long!!

And here we are getting ready to go to bed, hoping and praying for a better week. Sleep is still behind. A good night sleeps seems like the best gift right now.

No comments: