Sunday, November 05, 2023

Book update!

 Let's talk about trust issues. 

This whole book process has tested me so bad. The writing process was the easiest part. The publishing I will just call it as it is. It's been a nightmare. I have in the process worked with 1. A real publisher 2. A Hybrid Publisher 3. And a team of my own choosing to get things done to self-publish. I already have issues asking for help. Probably because when I do, I get little to none of it. This has helped me become adept at various skills over my life that are not part of my professional repertoire. This includes learning to code, photography, graphic design, landscaping, etc. 

But when I set out to do this book I thought I knew nothing and needed the so-called "experts". I found a significant lack of communication from the first two, and some shady contract language from #2, which led me to choose option 3 to get stuff done. And stuff started moving fast. But when a snag would occur inevitably I would again be reminded that someone isn't trustworthy. I could write a novel about the process itself. But my spoons are low. 

It just really blows my mind the lack of professionalism and ethics people have. This is not how I roll. 

So regarding my books. I had secretly hoped that today would be an actual launch day and not just for presales. But some people again failed to come through. I have been working since midnight last night trying to adjust some things but haven't really gained much ground. I still hope they will be available for sale before the 12th but they are on presale and I was able to get the ebook on Kindle to go live 11/9. So there is that. For those who want to buy presale here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/Can-Just-Get-Through-This/dp/B0CMPLDF7F/ref

I will also be figuring out a way to take local orders for signed copies. We are still good with those. When all is worked out I will be sharing a giveaway. 

Sorry to keep everyone waiting, if that's even possible.

No comments: