Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Not a good start to a vacation!

 Vacation started horribly to say the least. It's taken me three days to even summon the energy to post due to the horror of it. Yet I'm up late, wide awake anxious from thinking of it.

Harley, our border collie was attacked in our own backyard right before we left by two neighbor dogs that broke in on the side of their fence. I don't want to go into too much detail because it just breaks me. But she didn't make it.
It's hard to try and enjoy the one vacation we planned for almost a year when such sadness and trauma is hiding behind every thought. Sorrow catches each one at different times. Even the toughest of us are broken.
I'm not taking as many pictures as usual and that itself makes me sad because I feel torn from guilt for taking them because of this and not taking some because I want to catch the memories. I'm cursed with guilt either way.
You know that lump in your chest that you have when tears won't come but need to? Yeah. I feel that about a hundredfold right now.
I wish I could post happy thoughts. Galveston is beautiful. It's hot as heck during the day. The beach is really nice. I just wish we could enjoy it unaffected. Mindfulness and prayer have been my friends. Prayers are still appreciated for our family. June has given us very high highs and very low lows.










No comments: