Monday, December 14, 2020

Merino wool blanket

Always wanted to try my hand at making a merino wool blanket. These are the crème de la crème of the chunky knit blanket world. And for good reason. The wool alone isn't cheap. They are generally cost prohibited from those who make them because what they have to charge, others think are too high. Trust me, they are barely making anything off of them. This wool is from Lithuania and 10 pounds. Apparently they have a good sheep industry. Pretty ideal weighted blanket that's good for winter. So if you're really in need take a look on Etsy. If it sounds too good to be true, don't expect anything larger than a hand towel size. If you see ads on Facebook for large knit blankets for sale for $70 with pics of these blankets, they are false advertising. Chenille blankets are much lighter and cheaper and good year round. Yarn is just getting hard to find this time of year. I will keep making them though. But this blanket is now an official heirloom in my family. Hopefully I won't ever have to replace it. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.








No comments: