Saturday, February 08, 2014

Strep epidemic...

In our household anyway. Heston came up with it on Monday. We thought it was ear infection because aside from the fever he seemed fine. The APN who treated him said it was either ears of strep, but she couldn't get a good look at the ears so treated for it either way. A few days ago I started getting fever but it never went past 101. And my throat never got ubber painful. Just a little swollen. The chills and headaches were annoying but I figured my body was fighting it off, so I left it alone. Yesterday Ryker woke up with it and it had him down. Steven took him in asap. Good thing too cause by that night his throat looked infected with chicken pox. Last night I woke up to Ridlee burning up. I knew immediately she had it and the web was wrong. Most of what I read said infants getting it was rare. I packed her up and we left for Talequah ER at 2 a.m. Luckily we were the only ones there in waiting room. I had them treat us both. Strep tests came back negative but a look at my throat indicated my pain sensors are off. Apparently it was visible. The Doctor stated there were some that would disagree with treating her right now but he felt it necessary. We got home just before 7, but the actual time at the ER was only an hour and a half. Not terrible considering I stayed with Heston 7 hours the last time I went overnight. So now 4 of us are on antibiotics. Hoping that's it and the older two and Steven are lucky.

Poor sick baby!



I have said it before but again... I am so sick of this winter!

No comments: