Wednesday, November 24, 2010

30 days of thanks!!

This month marks the time for us to acknowledge and give thanks for all the blessings God has so generously bestowed onto us. Not just on Thanksgiving but everyday.

1. Relative ease that I came to be a Christian. Raised in a Christian home, saved at the age of 6 because it came so simple to me. God was there from the beginning.

2. My family of origin... parents, siblings, and grandparents.

3. My chosen family. Husband and his family, whom I am thankful raised Steven the way they did and helped him to be a good father and husband.

4. My given family or my children. Never a day goes by that I am not thankful for each one of them. They keep me going.

5. My church family. God has led us to an amazing close church home.

6. My home and basic needs met. Plain and simple.

7. Good health for myself and my family.

8. My job. While new, I am finding I love it.

9. My education. Glad I pushed through.

10. My hobbies, derby, exercise, reading, graphic art, etc. helps me to unwind.

11. Sleep - Need I say more!

12. My friends. They are truly a blessing to me.

13. My ability to organize.

14. My discernment. I need it daily and always could use more, but thankful for what I do have.

15. My kids' school and preschool. It's nice to be able to send them out and trust that they are well cared for with someone I trust.

16. My ability to come up with solutions quickly, or my Macgyver ability.

17. Vehicles that run...knock on wood.

18. A yard for the kids to play in and a fairly safe community that appears family oriented and that doesn't shun God.

19. Art. God's art. Walking outside to a beautiful sky or at this time of year, beautiful changing leaves.

20. Good Music.

21. To live in a free country where I am free to complain about it.

22. My dreams. I am convinced I am different than most on this and won't elaborate.

23. My physicality/athleticism. Hope I can keep it up. Would be nice to be the old granny who could break dance.

24. My empathy. Makes me decent at my job. And yes, some do not have this.

25. Thankful for the fact I hate alcohol.

26. Thankful I stayed away from all drugs. Don't regret not trying any or cigarettes. Still don't get why most have to.

27. Decent hair. Could always change though, lol.

28. Thankful I FAILED the NAVY. (discharged for health reasons that have since resolved themselves) Wouldn't be where I am today.

29. Thankful for my senses. So much beauty in this world and I am glad to be able to enjoy them. Ah... the smell of fireplaces and wood burning on a cool crisp evening or after the rain. I could go on.

30. Above all... GOD, who continues to bless me with so many awesome things.

No comments: