Saturday, January 05, 2019

Happy birthday Ridlee!

The amazing Ridlee Evangeline is 5 years old today. A lots happened in a year. A formal evaluation was done and she was given an ASD diagnoses, not surprisingly. The psychologist stated if the old Aspergers diagnosis was around, that's what she has. I've always said that she's atypical for even atypical. She's taught herself to read. She knows her addition and subtraction math up to 20. We've lost count of what she can count to. She draws people and makes all types of things with Play-Doh and clay. She can say almost anything, but you still can't figure out how her day was if you ask her. Pragmatics is getting a little bit better though. She was able to tell me and her daddy that she didn't want to leave the bed this morning. "I like the bed," she said. I don't blame her. She's like her mama and likes to sleep too. She's really only upset if she has a headache or some type of pain or is tired. She inspires me everyday to be a better person and mother. This is the first time in over 18 years that I have had a five year old and have not had a pregnancy or a baby. It's bittersweet. I can't wait to learn what she has to teach me. Happy birthday Ridlee, we love you!!














She got her own quiet cube and some comfy additions for it for her gifts. Loved the unicorn cake she got as well!












Her quiet cube, she actually got it a couple of days early.




We're going to jump at the Trampoline Park tomorrow morning for their Sensory Sunday! 




No comments: