Monday, January 01, 2018

2017 a year in review

2017 A year in review

13th annual year in review.

What did you do in 2017 that you've never done before?
Ran a FREAKING MARATHON!!! And survived! Ran the Hogeye in 5:04. Goal was to finish. 5 hours was just icing. 




Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions. I make goals all year and usually keep them. If they're from God they will happen. And if I make a goal I will meet it eventually.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Some, not as many as usual though.

Did anyone close to you die?
This year broke my heart starting in January. My husband lost his best friend. He has lost both his best men in our wedding in the past three years. My grandpa also left this earth to be with my Grandma. I know he was ready, so that was bittersweet. I fear what 2018 could hold in store. 

What countries did you visit?
One of these days I might get to answer this. One day...

What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
More confidence in things that bring me fear in doing. I might end up doing them just fine, but the build up can be awful sometimes. 
What date from 2017 will remain etched in your memory and why?
January 9th was when we lost Jason, Steven's friend. 

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Running the marathon but also PRing on all my distances.  
Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major. Some small running ones that might have lingered for a week or so. 
What was the best thing you bought?
New office furniture. Redid my whole office completely. But that was technically the end of last year. Just got to enjoy it in 2017.
Where did most of your money go?
Kids. Races. Coffee. Conferences. Lularoe.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The fact I ran the marathon, wasn't too excited until it was over. 

What scripture is a theme of 2017?
2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder? Depends on the day. Typically just as content. 
b. Thinner or fatter? Was thinner before the holidays, may have gained a pound or two, but generally thinner. Lost 20 or so pounds after my marathon. Apparently I gained weight during the training. 
c. Richer or poorer? I am not sure. Business is still doing well. Some months may be less, others more. 

What do you wish you'd done more of?
More mental health days. I took two this year. 

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating sugar. 

How did you spend Christmas?
At home with the fam. Watching movies, reading, just relaxing. 

Did you fall in love in 2017?
Ugh, not sure with anything or anyone new. 

What was your favorite TV show?
Outlander, thanks mom!
What was the best book you read?
Gosh, I can't remember. Read several fiction books. Wonder was pretty good though.

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2017?
Portugal - The man / Feel it still (love that song)

What did you want and get?
To finish a marathon. 

What did you want and not get?
Ridlee to get full speech, while she has made a lot of progress, she still has a lot to go. But gosh that girl is smart. 

What was your favorite film this year?
The new IT or The Last Jedi. 
What did you do on your birthday?
My first mental health day. Starbucks and then just home relaxing. 
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Jason not passing away. 

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2017?
Lularoa for the win.

What kept you sane?
Prayer. Running. Chocolate. Massages. Church. Family. Dogs. Music. Mindfullness. Reading.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The Rock is pretty admirable right now (his personality). But Tom Hiddleston is definitely at the top of my list. 
What political issue stirred you the most?
Oy, everything right now. Trump is causing me anxiety. Never ending.
Who did you miss?
My grandpa. All those who have passed. 

Who was the best new person you met?
Met several at a conference that are helping me move forward as a therapist and speaker. 

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017.
Be more gracious to yourself. Encourage others. Crying has been missed. Even if they are happy tears. 

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don't like my mind right now
Stacking up problems that are so unnecessary
Wish that I could slow things down
I wanna let go but there's comfort in the panic
And I drive myself crazy
Thinking everything's about me
Yeah, I drive myself crazy
'Cause I can’t escape the gravity
I'm holding on
Why is everything so heavy?
Holding on
So much more than I can carry
I keep dragging around what's bringing me down
If I just let go, I'd be set free
Holding on
Why is everything so heavy?

What is something shocking that happened this year?
Deaths. 
Until next year!

No comments: