Monday, August 31, 2015

Final Destination

This week has been a huge mortality reminder. And also a reminder to not take your loved ones for granted as well as the time we ourselves have on this earth. Last week my families former nanny lost her little baby after only being on the earth for 10 hours. He had what is known as Potter's Syndrome. Please google it to have a better understanding. 10 hours on this earth, was 10 hours more than some thought that he would have. And he changed so many lives in his short life. 

A day or so later I found out one of my former classmates that I graduated with, and was really good friends with back in Oklahoma passed away from a heart attack at 35. His funeral was at the same time as my friends baby and in another state. I have never had that happen before, 2 funerals at once.

This past weekend, another classmate from my graduating class and also one of my husband's groomsman at our wedding past away from an accident at his work. His funeral is later this week. 

What are the chances of 3 loved ones passing away within a week apart? Life is fragile, and I have been reminded before. But not on this scale. This week my thoughts have gone into deep thinking mode. As a Christian, I know where I go after I die. While I am sad when someone passes away, if they are Christian my heart hurts for the loved ones left behind. Not for that person, they aren't suffering or in pain. Only the loved ones are left to suffer and cope with the loss of their loved ones. And that is a tremendous pain. But knowing and resting in the thought that their final destination is where mine is, helps bring me comfort. 

A question we lose sight of throughout this life is, "do you know where your final destination is going to be?" Don't get so caught up in this daily life that you lose sight that it will eventually come to an end. And if you truly believe that nothing happens and you just no longer exist and there is nothing else, you better be 100% about that. Think of it this way, If I am wrong nothing happens. But if I am right, where does that leave you? 

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

John 3:36

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on them. 


post signature

No comments: