Sunday, August 24, 2014

Saying goodbye.

This week has had a lot of ups and downs. Monday school started and the trips to drop off the kids in the morning has been more complicated than what I had anticipated due to the complexity of Bentonville's traffic. And I had envisioned it being pretty difficult. I didn't take the same route twice this week. None were really any better than the others. 
Monday a good friend and strong Christian woman from our church was put in ICU for a blood clot to the heart. Tuesday she passed away. Connie was an amazing woman and mother of 5. The rest of the week everyone was left in shock at how sudden she passed and how out of nowhere it happened. You really never know when your time is due. As a mother it is even scarier to know at any moment I could leave my children.
Yesterday was her funeral and my birthday. I celebrated a very important life, even if it wasn't my own. I can't tell you how touching it was to see so many at her funeral. There was barely any standing room at all. She had touched so many lives. Her children were so strong and brave. I pray my children would be as well if put in their position. I also hope to touch just a percentage of the people that she touched in her life. If I die having done that, then I will have lived a whole, full life. So part of the ups for this week is not just in celebrating what an amazing woman she was but how I want to try more and more to be that Christ like woman who is a servant leader for others. 
post signature

No comments: