Saturday, February 02, 2013

What have we gotten ourselves into?

It's no secret that we are wanting to buy a house this year. First one in 13+ years of marriage. We are slow to the game. I have had a real estate agent recommended by my program manager and have only really started looking. We also just recently sent in all the paperwork to get out preapproval. It hasn't even been completed yet. Last Thursday I got sent a new listing in Tontitown (same town as the Duggars) that I had to go see. The fact that it met all my criteria plus a large, almost 2 acre lot made me want to go see it. On my way home from work I drove by and took a look at the outside and the yard and fell in love. I immediately emailed my agent for a viewing hopefully on Friday, understanding it may be short notice. We scheduled it and all was good. Friday day came, along with a bunch of other work related calls on my day off. One of them was my agent saying the home already had a offer on it and asking if we were ready to make one just yet. I told her we haven't even gotten the approval letter yet. We went and looked at it reluctantly. Steven more so than I. He hates being rushed into anything. And honestly, so do I. But he agreed that it was worth a shot. The other offer made was apparently a good one, but had the stipulation they needed to sell their home first. We made a good one but with the stipulation of financing pending. Well, ours was accepted. OMG! Honestly, I prayed yesterday and my nerves were shot. I still have no clue what we are doing or if it's God's will. If it is it will happen. If not I will live. The house is not new. It's an older home but has had a lot of renovating done. Not a lot of work would need to be done to move in. The yard is spectacular and a rarity around here. It has a country feel and is more than what I was hoping for. I will be heartbroken if we don't get it just because of the yard. I am still praying for wisdom and discernment through this. Our lease isn't even up until May. Of course the process is never quick. But if all goes well it could only be 45 days, being it's an FHA loan. God be with us. We're hoping to hear back this week on financing. Could definitely use some prayers during this time.

On top of this we are still trying to do my school, Steven's National Boards test, and keep our regular jobs and be parents. It's craziness I tell you. Praying the summer will be nice and calm.


No comments: