Sunday, January 20, 2013

Wow!

I am caught between that place of excitement and nervousness. The next few weeks are going to be very tough. Along with my usual counseling appointments I am taking on more at my play therapy office due to being able to take some insurances. This is a great thing. Well, I am also helping out another therapist friend that owns Necessary Play in Bentonville and was planning on taking her clients temporarily starting in February as she was going on maternity leave. God's timing kicked in and her little bundle was born yesterday so I start those this week. I have 26 sessions scheduled this week ( a lot for private). That's more than I had when I worked inpatient. And that is in 4 days. It doesn't sound terrible but these are spread out in 4 different offices. My play therapy office is in Farmington and my contract offices are in Rogers and Fayetteville. There are some days I will be in 3 offices. But I am not complaining. We are also trying to buy a house, crazy I know. I will also be looking at some this week in the few moments I can spare. I know it will only be this busy for a few weeks, but I am starting to get more and more insurance acceptances coming in meaning more clients at my play therapy office. Arkansas Blue Cross called this week and said I should be getting that acceptance in soon. This is the one I have been waiting for the most. My spring classes also start back on February 7th. For 3 weekends this semester I will be going the whole weekend, meaning no rest at all those weeks. I have seen the syllabus and boy a I looking at an even busier semester than the Fall one. It will eventually be over though. I have always seen it as time will go by either way. I can either look back after 6 months and be glad I pushed through or regret that I quit or put it off. This got me through my undergrad and graduate school. What doesn't kill me makes me prouder! :)

On another front my dad had surgery this week for a hernia repair. He has a pretty demanding physical job so this will put him out for awhile. He is a tough guy and doing great so far. He could always use more prayers though.

I have also managed to lose 6 pounds in about 3.5 weeks.  I am down a size in my pants. Pretty proud of my eating. I am cooking veggies left and right mixing them in everything. Less processed foods, less sugar, and more protein. I haven't had a cupcake, brownie, or baked good in this whole time and at times I wonder how I am making it. I am using myfitnesspal to log my diet and exercise. I have also been working out to all my videos, Slim n 6, Insanity, and 30 day shred. I get bored easy and will add others that I have as I go. When warmer weather gets here I can start taking things outside with the kids. Will be nice to use our basketball goal we got for Christmas for a change, this stupid weather has made it hard to even get it up.

To be cont...

Jeska


No comments: