Monday, December 03, 2012

Unicorns and Rainbows!!


9 years ago today I became the mother of the most dramatic, enthusiastic, and quite intelligent little girl. There have been many a day (if not most) since then her energy has overtook mine. For those who knew me when I was younger this gives you an idea of how much energy this is. Her teacher said it best when she called her exuberant. Happy birthday Kieran! God help us in her teen years!!

Kieran was nice enough to ask for a homemade cake. I honestly had no clue what I was going to do, so I just grabbed the always perfect confetti cake mix. I planned to make my own cheesecake/cream cheese frosting. So I started early on it yesterday and got a wild hair idea to use some food coloring. Next I made the frosting with an 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese, 1 small container of cool whip, 1 small box of cheesecake instant pudding. I made pudding as described on box, added all the cool whip and cream cheese and beat them together. Another wild hair caused me to add food coloring again. The middle layer was a nice teal color. The top I mixed in swirls of pink.

Granted it wasnt the prettiest cake at the beginning but once I cut into it I noticed that it was quite the ooey goey rainbow goodness that I couldnt have planned if I tried. Then it hit me. It reminds me of Unicorns!! I saw a recipe for unicorn poop cookies awhile back and decided to call this


Unicorn Poop Cake!!!! 


Of course its a hit in this house!

Jeska


No comments: