Sunday, December 02, 2012

Fighting the good fight...

The last few weeks have been extremely physically and emotionally draining. I have take Heston to the Doctor 6 times in the last 6 weeks. Between his ears and this hydrocele I am doctored out. There was a chance that he was going to also have tubes done the same day as his other procedure. He has had several ear infections in past few weeks and has been on 3 different antibiotics. I took him back this last Friday and if they hadn't cleared up he would have the tubes done. Well they were clear thank God!! However, he woke up with a fever this morning and the starting of another cold. Agh! The infections always followed his colds. So now he is on zinc treatment to boost his immune system to fight off the cold and prevent an ear infection. Next Friday is his surgery and I pray I don't have to take him in this week before for his ears or other ailment. Friday is also our Sunday School class' Christmas party and then the next day is Kieran and Zoe's birthday party in Oklahoma, if Heston can travel.

If this wasn't enough, Steven was changing the spark plugs in my car and had to take the manifold off and a washer fell down the intake. More Agh! Basically we were tying to save money and ended up have to have it towed to a mechanic to have him get the washer out. Hoping and praying it's not in the engine already because that is going to cost a fortune getting it out. If that is the case Christmas presents will be sparse this year.

Friday I got a call from Heston's daycare owner. Basically the buildings new owner is being a jerk and not renewing her lease but is also kicking them out asap. We have two options: 1. Find a new provider or 2. follow her to her home. Right now we will stick with her and the other worker that Heston really loves is going with her. We will see how it works out.

Kieran's birthday is tomorrow. I have plans to go eat lunch with her at school after a couple of sessions in the morning. She chose Zaxby's to eat from. I am taking the rest of the day as a mental health day, which probably means I will try and take a nap. Normally I would just go get Heston from daycare, but it's right in the middle of his nap. Steven usually picks him up right after he wakes up anyways.

My last play therapy class for the semester was yesterday. Good thing too, as this past week I had all my end of month billing and paperwork to do as well as a final summary paper. I am completely done with after work writing and paperwork for a few weeks until the next semester starts anyways.

Basically, while things are stressful, I am constantly trying to remind myself that it could be far worse. I am almost afraid to put that in writing but I need to. Chaos theory does exist and we are in the midst of it. Might as well go along for the ride. :)

Jeska

No comments: