Monday, December 31, 2012

Annual year in review


2012 A year in review

8th annual year in review

Please note last years for reference. 

What did you do in 2012 that you've never done before?
Get my LADAC license! Begin my play therapy certification. On a more serious note, my youngest child had a surgery and this was definitely a first for me as none of my children have had any.

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
My only resolution was not to have any, and I kept that. I am going to stick with that one. Same as last year... and the year before... and the year before that... and the year before that. Gosh, I am good, I have kept this every year! Feels good not to fail.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
I lost count!  But one of my besties, Ryan, gave birth to her third little girl on my birthday!

Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, lost a great friend, Heather Coleman. She was 2 years younger than I. And it was a heart attack. Reality hit hard. Also lost a dear sweet lady in our church family. Praying for a better year in this respect in 2013.

What countries did you visit?
None. Eventually this may change but probably not in the next year, although with congress and the government not doing their job at the moment I might highly consider moving to another country. It sounds more appealing all the time.

What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
I would like to finish my Play Therapy Certification and then I may actually be done with licenses. I would also like to get paneled on all big insurances so I can take them all in my private practice. I also would like to either buy our first house or get the plans started to build one.

What date from 2012 will remain etched in your memory and why?
December 7th. Heston's hydrocelectomy.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Obtaining my LADAC license and the opening of the Cardinal Care Center, which is my adolescent and child therapy private practice.

What was your biggest failure?
I am struggling on this one as well. I am sure there are several things that I could have done differently. One in particular would be with Heather. We used to have monthly dinner dates, switching who chooses each month. We stopped for a few months due to both of our crazy hectic schedules. I wish I could have pressed more to have these. I guess it's more regret than anything.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
bronchitis and colds. Also labrynthitis, aka fluid on the inner ear that causes vertigo. Nothing crazy.

What was the best thing you bought?
My fee for my license. I suppose my tuition for my play therapy classes but gosh those are almost too expensive to consider.

Where did most of your money go?
Medical bills due to high deductible. And yay (sarcastic) for it starting over in January.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Private Practice office and license.

What scripture is a theme of 2012?
James 1: 2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." Same every year.

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder? Just as happy.
b. Thinner or fatter? Thinner only because of last year I had just had a baby, although I have been slacking and that is in the process of the amount becoming a larger gap. I have goals in mind I am working towards but these aren't resolutions.
c. Richer or poorer? Richer I suppose as my contract work has been going well this past year and this time last year I was doing only a little part time school based work.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Always spend more time with my family. Although it wasn't too bad.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Facebook. It drains me these days trying to keep up with everyone.

How did you spend Christmas?
A little change this year. The family took a short mini family vacation to Branson for 3 days to an indoor water park up until Christmas Eve. We spent Christmas here at the house and enjoyed a quiet one as usual. This past weekend we went to my Parents in laws and then my grandpa's house for Christmas with my family of origin.

Did you fall in love in 2012?
Still in love with my family. Nobody new.

What was your favorite TV show?
Supernatural, watched all seasons up until this one. I also like Good Luck Charlie. Reminiscent of our family.

What was the best book you read?
Catching Fire and Mocking Jay. I got caught in the Hunger Game bonanza. Considering the government undertone, I couldn't help not to.

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2012?
I wouldn't say there were any great musical discoveries in the sense of what I consider great musical talent. But I will admit I have gotten a kick out of Carley Ray Jepson's "Call my maybe" and the many variations on youtube that have made me laugh.

What did you want and get?
Drug and alcohol license. Latte machine (yeah something materialistic), husband actually surprised me with that one.

What did you want and not get?
New house, with no diligence though. We weren't looking.

What was your favorite film this year?
Breaking Dawn part 2. Finally over and done with. On to the other 2 remaining Hunger Game movies.

What did you do on your birthday?
The usual. Not much.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If all my insurance paneling was completed and by some miracle all approved in a timely manner. Yeah, not likely.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Comfy but trendy. Still the same. I really got into the scarf craze and somehow managed to have about 5 pairs of different types of boots. For someone who doesn't really have a lot of shoes and prefers flip flops this is a big deal. My mom blessed my with 4 different and amazing infinity scarfs this Christmas. I love the fall wear this year. Hoping spring will be awesome.

What kept you sane?
Alone time, family time, sleep, massages, church, and working out. Same every year. I will also add drive. I realized this year that I work best with some type of goal in mind. However small, I always need to have something.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
 I admire the grace that the Duchess Kate has considering all the pressure she is under now being a royal. Big shoes to fill being Diana's daughter in law. But she is filling the gap and doing a great job with it. And she is expecting so that is always expecting. She is also struggling with hyperemesis which is what I had with Gage and may have resulted in the loss of his twin. It's awful, I feel badly for anyone who has to deal with it.

What political issue stirred you the most?
This stupid fiscal cliff crap has me wanting to snap. Congress needs to do its damn job! Yeah that's right, I cursed in writing. If they do nothing as it looks now and let the crap go, I am looking at paying more than double taxes in the next year and it's not a pretty penny! I am not one of those lucky people who get a refund and then to be told that I will be paying more than 5-6 times what the average person gets in refund back makes me want to gag.

Who did you miss?
Still the same, my friends from home, and family. I miss my grandmother who passed away last year.

Who was the best new person you met?
A new colleague who I joined my private practice with. She sees the adults and I am seeing the ones under 18 there. She is a great lady. Another great lady also is doing the music therapy.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Life is fragile, but I knew that already. I am continuing to endure more than I am used to. Heston's continued ear issues and then his issues with his hydrocele/hernia and the surgery that came from that was frightening. But we made it through and hopefully it is completely over and done with.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Peace Train by Cat Stevens
Now I've been happy lately, thinking about good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun
Oh I've been smiling lately, dreaming about the world as one
And I believe it could be, some day it's going to come

No comments: