Saturday, October 08, 2011

Better

This week has been more to my liking. I am healing well and I have been able to do my regular routine. Ironically, work is starting to get a bit busier all of the sudden, just in time for the baby to come. Luckily I am not full time at Vista as they are really getting swamped. My private practice is picking up a tad with the aid of Names and Numbers recently coming out.

Steven and I have been working hard at home to get things ready for baby. Steven set up the pack in play while I was at a session this week. Even though the baby sleeps with me at night, we needed something to be able to lay him down in our room if need be.



I also have a Moses basket to take with me in the other rooms. We finished our homebirth classes this past Wednesday and the midwife will be coming to our house for our 36 week visit this coming Tuesday. My 36 week assessment with the APN is Monday. This is the assessment that finalizes that I am good for homebirth at anytime. I have a Women's conference Thu.-Sat this next week with the ladies in my church. My sister is supposed to be coming with me. I am looking forward to it. Hoping the baby holds off for some time, especially considering I am leading a couple of the activities. Steven's Men's retreat is at the end of the month. I would like for him to be able to go to that even just for a little bit, we shall see if that happens.

My baby shower is tomorrow at the church at 2. I am so blessed to have a church that celebrates every baby, even if it's not the first one.

It's hard to believe I am already this close and he could really make his arrival at anytime. Scary and exciting all at the same time.

No comments: