Tuesday, March 29, 2011

$70

That is how much Wal-Mart pharmacy over charged me on generic Zofran for my nausea. I find this out when discussing with a client the price I paid. I then of course call them to tell them I am being told that I was over charged and tell them the price she tells me she gets it for at her pharmacy. Their words "there is no way". So I go to the small town pharmacy myself to talk to the pharmacist she uses and sure enough he tells me a $70 price difference for the same prescription. He tells me they need to make up for the $4 prescriptions somewhere. I ask him what I need to do to transfer the prescription. He calls them and they do it over the phone as well as my prometrium (progesterone)I take for the pregnancy. He has it ready in literally 15 minutes. I then go and take the other prescription back to Wal-Mart and get my money back but still have to pay for the 2 pills I took since yesterday.

So from now on unless I need a cheap prescription that is on the $4 option, I am going to Bells Pharmacy in Lincoln. Yes it is out of the way but worth it. I saved $70.

No comments: