Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Hellllooooo August!

It's always the busiest month in our household. Steven and the kiddos go back to school starting on the 19th. Steven actually starts back on the 10th with a day break on the 18th, just long enough to take Ryker to the dentist. I actually dread when school starts for my kids, I am an odd parent, I know. Our 11th Anniversary will be on the 14th. And my big 3-0 birthday will be on the 23rd. Actually decided to do something for this year, so Steven is planning a Italian birthday dinner on the 21st with some couples from our church. We will actually be using the church so the kids can have their own pizza/movie party. We haven't decided if we will just do movies or play Scattegories or something. Yes, as is evident I am not much a partier. I do require a cake though, although my demand for a fancy one is not set is stone and right now simple sounds more my taste. Still debating on whether or not to ask off for the actual day, which would be a Monday, which happens to be my busiest day of the week. However, I am leaning on just making it a day with Ryker. We shall see.

I am finding this heat is making it difficult to even want to walk outside to go anywhere. It is way past unbearable. I feel bad for some of my coworkers who happen to be on the unlucky side of the hospital whose air conditioners went out this week and won't be fixed until Friday. By the time I get home at night I am finding it literally has zapped my energy just being out in it just the short ride home. I have gotten to be pretty addicted to my working out 6 days a week, but yesterday I laid down next to Ryker as he was napping and zonked out. I felt guilty for not getting the workout in, but boy did my body need the rest. Yesterday also came with a killer headache that I eventually had to sit in the tub to get rid of. I am so looking forward to Fall so I can start running outside on top of my usual workouts. I have added a lot of interval training in the past couple of weeks and my stamina kicked up pretty quick. Sadly, I am probably in better shape now since taking my leave of absence from derby. My nails have grown super long as well, making typing difficult.

I am so ready for some cooler weather... but not cold!

No comments: