Friday, June 18, 2010

Simplifying...

At least for awhile. Maybe it's because I have been super overstimulated by lots of things lately, so I figured I would at least simplify my blog.

I am so happy today is Friday. I have had a bad case of the "work week", forget just "Monday". Actually today wasn't so bad considering I was prepared for lots of stuff and had time to spare when nothing traumatic happened. While I have no doubt that my job is more stressful than most therapist jobs, this week has been especially bad. Unfortunately, I cannot disclose specifics due to what it is that I do, just trust me when I say I found myself rubbing my temples more than I have in the past 3 months combined.

On a positive note I have lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks! I have been working out almost daily and diet has been super healthy. I even found the most awesome enchilada recipe that is only 300 calories a serving, and it is probably one of the best I have ever had. My biggest obstacle has always been dinner time and mostly due to portion issues. I have been paying better attention to how much I eat and not do mindless eating. I also realize when I eat healthier I find food tastes so much better. The first week was the hardest, but now I find I hardly miss greasy stuff and get sick just thinking about it. Aside from the recent stress I have been feeling a lot better health wise. So onward I go!

Another plus, I got approved for my vacation next month. I am going with my Mom to Colorado to visit family. I am super excited. Haven't been in years!

No comments: