Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring is here.

And thank goodness. I need warmer weather so bad. And a few thunderstorms here and there would be nice.

This week has been beyond weird. Most of the area had spring break although Steven's starts this next week. Work sucked because the other acute therapist was gone meaning I got the new ones. Even on the day I came in for a couple of hours with my daughter while I waited for her Doctors appt., I still got all the new patients. I felt rushed all week. It wasn't necessarily bad, just rushed and busy and lacking in the sleep department, and if you know me at all, you know I need my sleep.

My mortality also seems to be tested a lot lately. Had a fractured finger for over 3 weeks now, and trying to get over stress fractures and shin splints in my legs. They are better than they were a couple of weeks ago when I almost couldn't walk.And yes, I am still skating.

Even with all this stuff going on I still consider myself truly blessed. Life is fragile and bad times are reminders of our strength and perseverance. Although I admit I don't understand why certain things happen, especially to good people, I still hold out hope that better things are to come for them. My thoughts are with my best friend in Oklahoma, she is going through what no Mother should. If you are a person who prays, she and her family could use them.

James 1:2-3
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

1:12
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

No comments: