Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Indian Carnage

So yesterday after work Steven, the kids, and I all head up to Talequah, OK to see about my nose. I had him tag along just in case I wasn't able to drive back for whatever rhyme or reason they try to mutilate me. My insurance hasn't quite kicked in at work thanks to Murphy's Law, so being Indian is my only salvation at this point. Actually it's been my only salvation the last two years. So we head the hour drive there and wait the usual hour for X-rays, then another 2 hours to be seen for 5 minutes. It didn't take a surgeon to read the X-Ray I had to hand deliver myself to the Dr. "Ummm, isn't that middle thing supposed to be more on that side?" Needless to say, yep it be broken. Nasal fracture is nice medical jargon. Apparently though it is not bad enough to require being "set". HOWEVER, if by chance AFTER it heals... if I CONTINUE to have trouble breathing... they will refer me to an ENT Doctor. Their reasoning is it "should" heal straight. Keep in mind these are the same people that told me when I was pregnant with Kieran that the bronchitis I had for 3 months was viral, until I finally put my foot down and told them to give me antibiotics which cleared it up in 5 days, but not before leaving my lungs scarred. So I am still walking around with a crooked nose. Luckily the swelling is going down, but the bruising is going through the ugly phase. Even with makeup I am getting some weird looks. Poor Steven wants me to wear my derby shirt around all the time so he doesn't get the bad looks. I also am supposed to get one of those ugly face shields for scrimmaging. Yay...

Anyways, here is the latest damage shots, without makeup. I have a pretty good concealor I love, but it slowly fades throughout the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Autumn said...

So are you having trouble breathing? Looks like a big owie!!