Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Almost that time of year again...

At least right around the corner. August that is. The busiest month in this household every year. My 9th Wedding Anniversary is on the 14th and my birthday is on the 23rd. I have decided to do something this year, since I never do anything for it. Even if it's something low key. Haven't decided what just yet. Of course Gage and Steven start back to school, and for once I do not have to, however my oral boards are next month, which means I get to start actually doing therapy soon for payment. That is a huge deal for me. Our last home bout is also next month on the 9th and there is a good chance that my oral interview will be on the same day... in Little Rock!

This past Friday, my Betties and I traveled down the way of OKC to play Tornado Alley Rollergirls. The venue was set at the Old Farmers Market. Very neat venue, except for the floor itself. All night I kept telling TARG girls, "I love your venue, but your floor sucks!" Upon looking you wouldn't expect it to be so bad as it looks like your normal everyday wood floor. Except it wasn't treated and OMG it was slick as snot. Almost every jam I did consisted of me going around the corners and ending up out of bounds from just sheer sliding. I really could have used some ankle weights or something, but not sure if that would have even helped. None the less, I do feel a little cheated being that it was my last Betties game.BTW, we lost.

Having 3 bouts in 1 week is tough, especially with all of them being out of town and driving all over God's green earth to get to them and home. My body has been screaming for a week long slumber as well as an hour massage. Neither of which is going to happen anytime soon. Steven left after practice last night to go to Oklahoma to help his dad out with work for a few days. So I am a single parent for those few days as well. Not necessarily a bad thing, except when you are this tired, even the most trivial things take too much energy, like taking some movies back to store, which if you have kids you understand that doesn't just consist of hopping in your vehicle and going. Nope, it's getting 3 kids out of the house, keeping them from running in the road while you lock the door, buckling them all up, then dragging them all out for a 2 minute stay, and then dragging them across the parking lot, back to the car and then buckling them all up again. Then you ask yourself how you broke out into a sweat in a 5 minute trip. No wonder I get weird looks when I tell people I would like more kids.

My exhaustion has also kept me from getting as excited as I could be considering that yesterday (I think, my days are all running together) Fight the Blaze is now and official 501(c)3 non-profit with the IRS. If you know anything at all about this, it started in 2005. The road has been long and sometimes painful trying to get it going. But now there is a sense of calmness and pride with it all coming together like I had hoped.

Although I am tired, I am truly happy of how much has happened this year and how things are going. Derby is still strong in my heart and has not deminished, but grown stronger in desire. School finally coming to an end, plus everything else has been huge blessings for me and my family. I hope to see many of my friends at the last home bout next month. It promises to be a show. Teams from Nebraska and Alabama are coming to play the Killbillies and the Betties. So save the date on August 9th to make it out. I will post a flyer soon.

No comments: