Monday, June 09, 2008

Over already

Well this weekend has been a long time making. A year ago I started out trying to plan for our 10 year reunion. I knew there was no way I could find everyone in our small class of 44 (large class actually considering our school), but I figured I could try and get and few together. I made the plans to go to Pete's place (btw, you out of towners, if you ever head toward the McAlester/Krebs area, you need to give it a try) and then let everyone decide where they want to go afterwards. Of course they choose the one and only place to go that is not just a "dive" bar. We head over to Peckerhead's which in all actuality puts most of the places here in Fayetteville to shame. I of course do not need any alcohol to drink to get crazy enough to dance... as I did... all night... sometimes being the only one out there. Randy Hass got the DJ to play one of my favs, 'Pour some sugar on me' so I could let loose at the very end. Then everyone left the floor to 'Informer' (except Charlette who came in and out, I guess feeling sorry for me) as I did my best shakira style, hip action, reggae type, belly dancing, impression. Too bad no one took pics of that one, it was one for the books.

The next day, we had a cookout at Josh's house and I was so happy with the turnout. With kiddos included we had around 50 in attendance there and over 30 the night before. Both way better than I expected. I got to see lots of faces I haven't seen in years. It was also awesome to see Ashley and Paco (Steven's BF from growing up) drive the 21 hours just to attend. Ashley's brother Tommy, one of our most memorable classmates passed away a few years ago in a car accident. So this reunion although a blast, still was bitter sweet without him. I am sure he would have been the one to put this on, had he been here.

Steven, the kids, and I had to head out early today as I had to get back for derb practice. It was so nice to get to see everyone. Several made mention we need to make this a 5 year thing. Not a bad idea.

No comments: