So as some may know, our lease is up next month. Rather than renew it for a third year we decided to try to move closer to Bentonville due to Steven's teaching job and Gage's school, plus the possibility of me working there as well. So in between studying for licensure exams and everything else I have been looking for houses. Searching online is one thing, but dang the actual going and dealing with people is another.
The first house was in Springdale, nice enough, big enough... except for the yard, but the neighborhood was older. I was the only one to see it in person. I sat it up with the eager owners to have the rest of my broad to look at it. Emailed and everything, and they would meet us there. They did not show, nor ever reply why as to not. That was enough non-professionalism for me.
House #2, ironically one block away from house #1. Better neighborhood, nicer house only 3 bedroom, cheaper than house #1. Owners were asian so there was the language barrier from the beginning. Plus the fact that the lady owner only wanted to deal with me was odd. So they were moving to Boston first of May, looking for lease to purchase. Great, we had been interested in that. Only she wanted bank approval now. Weird, since we are talking year down the road purchase. Anyways, after us dealing with her calling all the time and being very pushy we finally pulled out the day we were supposed to sign the lease papers. Ironically Steven and I both had reservations but weren't communicating them with each other until then. Oh and we were even going to purchase their furniture. So in short, pushiness... pushed us away. We weren't feeling it.
So we are hoping the third time is the charm. I found a place online... in Bentonville. Seems ok, from what I seen online, but wanted Steven after work to have a look see. So he does. The agency even let him just have the key for a day or so. So we drive out there with the gang and it is perfect. 4 bedroom over 2200 sq. ft. perfect layout, big backyard, beautiful kitchen... everything on my list. And what's nicer is it is what we are paying now. Kinda makes me sick thinking about that considering there is like 10 years difference in age there plus ours is smaller. So no reservations from me, I want it! So baring if we get it sooner than someone else or they like us, hopefully it is ours.
Wish us luck. If we do happen to get it, I promise pics as soon as we get the keys next month.