Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Start of another year

And I marked the occasion by lounging around all day, since I have to go back to my duties starting tomorrow. It was nice getting to spend some quality time with the fam over the break. You would think I would be ready to go back to the normal stuff, but I could use another week. But onward I roll. I would be lying if I said that I was not intimidated by this year. While most on the agenda are called for celebration, there is also a daunting list of tasks that I wonder at times how I will get through. Excitement is overtaken with trepidation. This year not only is the year I graduate with my Masters, but is also our 10 year high school reunion, which I have been trying to get going. Even if it is a small reunion I would feel terrible if nothing at all was done. Also on this list is the 2 licensure exams I will be taking as well as my hopes to officially pass my Boards for my becoming a licensed therapist. Then the daunting challenge of possibly purchasing our first home, either way we will probably be moving in the summer or soon after. And then finding my first official paid therapist position, as well as getting the Non-Profit off and running. Of course this will also be my first official full season of Rollerderby, with several out of town bouts, the first being in Dallas in February, which is a month away!! Nervous doesn't even begin to explain that one. So here I sit with the amazement of how fast last year went by, but wonder of how this next year will be in comparison. Who knows, but writing this just reminded me I need to go renew my insurance to practice... So later!

No comments: