Monday, October 22, 2007

The Body harbors, what the mind ignores

I haven't been much for updating lately. Haven't felt like it. In truth I haven't felt much of anything except a terrible tension headache for the past 2 weeks. It wouldn't budge no matter what I tried. On a pain scale it wasn't dreadful, but the fact that it was constant from the moment I woke up to the time I passed out each night wore on me. Finally last Monday after class I gave in and drove from Ft. Smith to Talequah, where the nearest Indian Hospital is. I did not get home until 3:30 a.m. Yes, that is how desperate I was. And to top it off I drove through the worst fog imaginable. Nothing like being on Highway 62 in the middle of the night with fog everywhere. I kept waiting for the car to breakdown and my cell to be out of area, it was a perfect set up for a horror movie. I think I passed a total of 5 cars the whole trip. So I was given a nice prescription of muscle relaxers and darvocet. Of course with my lovely schedule I wasn't even able to take the meds until I was home at night and Steven was around to watch the kids. Basically I took them at night before bed. I didn't feel like going through the day like a zombie and well, I just didn't feel right taking them when I was alone with Ryker. So luckily I only had to take a couple of darvocets and I no longer needed those. I am not to keen on pain killers anyway. But I continued to take the muscle relaxers at night, as they are definately working. I slowly felt the tightness in my head diminish with each passing day. Of course now, I have this ubber dry mouth that no matter what I drink I can't get rid of. I could do without that. I was being interviewed for a documentary for roller derby today (for some U of A students I believe) and I so badly wanted to suck on some candy the whole time. I got choked several times.
So I realize now that even though I don't necessarily feel super stressed, .my body of course is telling me to take better care of it. I figured, I better take advantage of those free massages for the rollergirls and get one. I wonder if they do head massages? Is there such a thing? Oh well if not, I will take the full body. It will apprecate it I am sure.

No comments: