Sunday, September 09, 2007

For you Larisa

First let me start our by saying McDonalds finally came ouit with something I enjoy. I am sitting here drinking a large iced vanilla coffee, which surprisingly is pretty good considering the source. Only thing, the larges are ginormous! Not the best idea for someone has trouble falling asleep.

Now onto other interesting life tidbits. I am in planning mode trying to tie up all lose ends for Gage and Ryker's combined birthday party on the 22nd. We are doing a space theme as Gage is big into that now. He will be 7 on the 26th and Ryker will be 1 on the 19th. Hard to believe both boys are growing so fast. Makes me sad at times. The 22nd is also our last official team bout of the season. So I will be in party mode in the day and derby mode by the night. My Mom is also on vacation that week so she will be staying with us that night and seeing her daughter get plummeled. I am sure she will enjoy that. I remember when I was little I would go watch her play volleyball. Not quite as dangerous but hey, fun just the same.

I am also going to be a minivan owner on the 22nd. We are trading my Dad's minivan with our jeep. We have been wanting one for awhile and well he isn't exactly a minivan person, so this will let him trade in the jeep for a car. Works great for us as we just finished paying off the jeep. The Lumina will be paid off in November, just in time for Steven's student loans to start being paid.

Well, with the derby season fixing to end I have decided to start studying for my licensure exams. I am hoping to take the NCE and MFT test before graduation. Sooner rather than later as to avoid the crunch at the end of the semester. I am getting really anxious that graduation is not that far off. Seems this last year flew by. This time by next I should be nice and settled into a great job and done with school... unless I decide to go back for a PhD. But we won't go there now, I need a break. I have been going to school since I was 4 and I think I need to know what it's like to not be in there. If I go through a midlife crises at 30 then I can always jump back in, but whose to say I won't enjoy the time off.

I have to confess, I have been looking at Real Estate like a mad person now that graduation looms near. I also have to admit that there is a good chance we might move to Bella Vista in a year or two. Not that I don't love Fayetteville, but houses are prime up there, in great wooded areas, just like I grew up in and square footage is a plus there. So many reasons really, but the location is just beautiful.

Well that's it on the Kitchens front I believe, nothing to crazy. For you derby lovers here is the flyer to the game. Just remember this is your last chance to come see me until next season... unless you come to practice.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: