Wednesday, August 15, 2007

one of those days

Well, technically it started before today. Maybe around 11 last night. Ryker started puking. Then Kieran after she went to bed decided to spew in her bed. It was everywhere. Oh the joys of motherhood. I think I sprayed lysol in every square inch of her room and everywhere I could think she and Ryker touched. Luckily she didn't not spew anymore, however today she broke out in some weird hives. We took her to the Dr. whom diagnosed her with an allergic reaction of some kind. I believe she is allergic to the virus itself. She has not eaten anything at all today. We have offered her all her favorites and nope. You know a child is sick when they refuse ice cream. Ryke woke up puking. And throughout the day had sporadic little episodes. Luckily though he is eating "a little" and no rash. There was a point today that I became so drained that I literally was unable to even get up.

Looks as though tomorrow will be very similar as Kieran is staying home sick. I am hoping for some sleep tonight. I so need it. Tomorrow I get to meet Gage's new teacher and I hope and pray she will not be a repeat of last years. I am giving it a go though, but if it happens again I will have no qualms about taking him out again, although Steven swears that everything will be ok. We shall see.

Anyways, here are some scary pics of Kierans hives. These aren't near as bad as they were when they first appeared. These are from the second episode after the first ones went away... those one were all over her belly and upper legs.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Poor baby! My Grace broke out in a rash after being sick one time. It was how her body was responding to the virus. She had a fever though too. It was scary but the doc said it would go away soon. I have had all three of my kids puking at the same time while I was trying to nurse my newborn at the time. I totally relate to the physical and emotional exhaustion that comes while trying to deal with sick kiddos. Sometimes I wish I could just be sick for them so they would feel better. It is always sad when kids are sick. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.