Thursday, August 02, 2007

Oh August

Well, August is here already. Ever since I was little August has been and excting yet busy month. Much of my families birthday falls in August (including mine), and then with school starting, well let's just say there was always some mixed emotions but most have always been good. Now as an adult it comes with the same enthusiasm, but marked with much anxiety. Every year it seems there is something new to add to the month. As I sat down to mark my family calendar for this month with each plan or birthday, I managed to leave a whopping 5 days of this month free, at least for now. So a small breakdown of this month...

2-4 derby practices a week
2-3 days a week of practicum/work
7 days of class
My first derby bout, I thought I would have to wait a month because it was supposed to be a Killbillie game, well I guess we are having a second team which we named the Backwoods Betties, which I get to play on. So yay for that.
My 8th Anniversary on the 14th, also marking 10 years together
My 27th Birthday on the 23rd
Dad's birthday a week later
School starts for me, Gage, and Steven all on the same day, the 20th. Me still in grad school, Gage starting 1st grade in Bentonville and Steven's first day of teaching high school. That day will mark the most stressful for me. While I wanted to continue to homeschool Gage, we of course gave him the option to either go back or stay home. We did reiterate that he would not be going back to the school he went to before, due to the situation we had. So he decided he would try public school. And with Steven being in Bentonville, we basically had a free transfer to any school in that district. Gage's school is just a block from where Steven is teaching. So anyway, that day will be high anxiety for me, plus I will have to drive to Ft. Smith for class... which sucks, but I have no choice. ((Sigh))

Even with next month and the boys birthday's and their parties it will still be a breather compared to this one. None the less, lots of exciting things happening and I am looking forward to most of it. So with that... bring on August!

No comments: