Monday, July 16, 2007

Catching up...

From today...

Well to me it was big. Our a/c went out Saturday night. And of course Murphy's Law would have it to where it is the hottest it has been and on the weekend when no one works. Well as bad as yesterday was, today it got up past 90 in the house. And last night it was past 85. I had one hour of sleep. Well, the news we heard this morning said the service guy would be out at 5, but the down side is whatever was wrong would need a part which would have to be ordered and take a day or two. I was fumming. I was going to take the kiddos and stay in a hotel. Well while I was in class and just had selfishly asked for prayer requests for AIR, I received news that it was a problem with the unit sensor, and there was a chance they could get the part today. Well I came home to a much cooler house. That made my day... week I mean.

Well nothing is perfect of course as we went out to eat and Kieran threw a horrendous fit, which required me to stay in the LaHuerta bathroom with her half the time. I guess I should realize we are both exhausted, her room of course was the hottest in the house last night, so she probably slept horrible. So she is going to bed right now. But again, it was awesome to come home to cool air. It's like when you are sick, you realize you take being healthy for granted, well when something like your air goes out or the electricity goes off, you realize just how well we as Americans have it. We are spoiled. Somewhat humbling if you ask me. Maybe a stinch in the African drylands would suffice as bringing us back down to where we should be. Something to think about I suppose... in my super tired but thankful state.


From July 10th

I am officially a Twisted Sister. Was drafted last night. Can't wait to get my jersey and start buying up everything Blue. And wouldn't you know first game is on the 28th which is my sisters wedding day. So looks like I won't be making it to that. Bummer. That's ok, my true optimistic self sees this as plenty of extra practice time to get better. Sooo, anyways there is my news.

I would also like to Congratulate Rodney and Jennifer on the birth of their first baby, little Lily. I hope I spelled that right? If not just let me know. 6 pounds and 4 ounces I believe. Hope Mommy recovers quickly from her C-Section. Congrats again and can't wait to meet her.

From July 6th....

Well little Ryker has been through the ringer the past few days. I guess that is why babies are supposed to teeth early. Seems like he has been teething forever. He even had a tooth break through at 4 months and then disappeared. Well it popped back out 3 days ago, and he has been miserable. Not sleeping (which means little for us), snotting, fever, just plain ol' miserable. We finally took him to the Dr. today as we knew something wasn't right. They checked his ears and such and they were clear. 9 months and still no ear infections, Dr. guessed right when he said he must not go to daycare. But he did say he has a upper respiratory infection and prescribed some antibiotics. All from teething, it's crazy. He is finally letting go of us for a few minutes, giving me a chance to catch up on here. He was literally making us hold him the whole time and most of the time not even let us sit down. His gate has been so unsteady you just knew he was miserable, but he was walking normal tonight. Wish he could have felt better yesterday for the rollergirl picnic. He normally loves being outside and playing in the grass, but nope not yesterday. He did however play in the slip in slide for about 10 minutes, he does love the water. He slept through most of our fireworks but when the loud ones started he had enough and we went back in. Hard to believe last year I was pregnant with him. Anyways, a prayer for him would be appreciated, he has been through the ringer.

Well on other news I decided on a derby name. Thanks to Tyra and Pork Pie! Blazen won the most votes, so I was going to go with that when they mentioned Blazen Glory. I laughed thinking for sure that would be taken, but I looked and what do you know, not one even close. Woo hoo. So that is what it will be. Not official yet as it has to be submitted and what not, but at least it is my jumping off one. So if you hate it, keep it to yourself, lol. I love it. Now to figure out a number.

No comments: